HPE NonStop AutoTMF adds TMF protection to your application without reprogramming.
HPE NonStop AutoTMF software enables applications that are not programmed to use the HPE NonStop TMF to access and update audited data. It automatically generates and manages TMF transactions on behalf of the application, thus providing the benefits of TMF-auditing without the cost and risk associated with changing programs.
What does TMF-Auditing Do for You?
- Recovery up to the last committed transaction
- No scheduled downtime for backups (online dumps)
- Audit trail-based replication with HPE NonStop RDF or HPE NonStop Shadowbase for disaster recovery and for multiplatform access
- Performance improvements
- Database consistency – atomic transactions ensure it all works or not at all
What NonStop AutoTMF Does for You:
AutoTMF allows you to get the benefits of TMF-auditing described above without changing your programs.
AutoTMF uses intercept technology to capture the application I/O activity and transparently generate transactions when they are required and commit them when it makes sense to do so or as configured.
Migrating your programs to audited access is done with a simple, quick and efficient “preparation” step that operates on object files only. There is no change to source code or to the application logic. And you can use AutoTMF with your third-party applications.
Migrating your database to audited access is as simple as auditing your files. The process is incremental. You audit the files one by one or a few at a time. AutoTMF detects the files that are audited and generates transactions only for these files.
This approach also provides a path for incremental migration of your application to one that generates its own business-level transactions, if you chose to do so.
- Enscribe applications that have no audited files
- Base24 applications, including Full Refresh
- Enscribe applications that have a mix of audited files and non-audited files
- HPE Utilities
- Spooler – typically for replicating to a backup system
- FTP – to load into audited unstructured files
- Netbatch – through Netbatch/DR by Brightstrand
NonStop AutoTMF Software Product Features:
- AutoTMF is an independent product which runs on all OS versions and systems types
- Automatically generates and manages TMF transactions when needed
- Uses intercept technology to capture and analyze application I/O operations
- Operates on existing object file – enabled with a single quick object “preparation” step
- Requires no program changes – Application logic remains intact
- Requires no access to source code, no recompilation, no re-acceleration
- Works with applications written in C, COBOL or TAL
- Operates efficiently – low overhead
- Provides a set of configuration options to fully adjust and integrate into your transactional environment by allowing you to define transaction attributes, notably:
- Transaction duration
- Number of updates per transaction
- Number of parallel transactions
- Provides tools to analyze and monitor application transactional behavior
- Sophisticated tracing facility
- Enhanced display of locking and deadlock detection